What is the GDA Program?
- The GDA is a financial allowance to be given to British Kunekune Pig Society members to encourage the genetic diversity & geographical spread Kunekune pig bloodlines within the UK & Ireland.
- The GDA encourages the society’s members to travel for genetic diversity, utilising the stud advisor tool within the cloud-lines package.
- Encourages a good genetic selection
- Encourages new breeders and an enhanced network of communication.
- Creating positive and direct communication with the Committee and/or Regional Representative.
What is Required?
- A Kunekune Pig breeder is willing to travel either (in one direction);
- over two hours or
- 120 miles
- Introduce an uncommon bloodline into your region
- Both parties (Buyer and Seller) have to be active members of the British Kunekune Pig Society
- Purchased pigs must adhere to breed standard
- Ensure pedigree details of all currently owned registered stock are up to date on Cloud-Lines
- Ensure pedigree details of all future registered stock are up to date on Cloud-Lines
- Provide photos and/or video (including identification i.e tag) of the proposed stock if requested
- Utilise the Stud Advisor tool within the herd book (preference will be given to pigs showing green)
How much is the Genetic Spread allowance?
- The allowance of up to £150.00 will be awarded after the successful transition and
movements of the Kunekune Pig is confirmed and verified by the society
- Each case will be assessed case by case by the committee, a proposed level of financial assistance will be given.
Why are we doing this?
- The achievements will be tenfold as we hope to see a steady increase in our
bloodlines diversity and to populate designated regions that may not otherwise have a particular bloodline.
- The objective of this project is to encourage a good genetic selection. To encourage
new breeders and to encourage a network of communication for the members of our society. To also encourage communication with the committee & Regional Representatives.
How do I apply?
To apply you need to submit an application form. Please note that application does not guarantee qualification for the award, applications are reviewed on an individual basis by the committee.